Chelsea news and transfers recap: Thuram talks, Enzo Fernandez stall, Leandro Trossard warning

Hello and welcome to today’s Chelsea live blog!The Blues are preparing for their second game of a double header against Manchester City, having fallen to a 1-0 defeat to them in the Premier League on Thursday.

Next up is the FA Cup, with Graham Potter hoping his side can go one further than last season, where they lost in the final on penalties to Liverpool.Elsewhere, it could be a majorly important transfer window for Chelsea this January as they look to strengthen the squad for the latter half of the campaign.

Three signings have already been made, but the likes of Mykhaylo Mudryk, Enzo Fernandez and Joao Felix could add to that figure.With that said, keep the blog on lock as we bring you all the latest from west London.

Chelsea’s transfer interest in Brighton and Belgium forward Leandro Trossard comes as no surprise. However, after seeing a nosedive in his form post-World Cup, Boehly has been handed a possible reason to avoid the transfer in the future.

Brighton boss Roberto De Zerbi has recently urged Trossard, whose deal at the AMEX Stadium expires in 2024, to show 100 per cent commitment if he wants to earn his place in the starting XI. Asked whether speculation over his future was affecting his performances, De Zerbi said: “I don’t know. I think he’s one of the best players for us and one of the most important players for us.“I’d like to always play with Leo in the first XI, but it doesn’t depend only on me, it depends on Leo,” De Zerbi told The Athletic.

“I don’t know, but with me I want players that work for the team on the pitch and Leandro knows very well my opinion, my idea. I’ve spoken a lot of times with him.“I like him as a player, but I want more from him, because he can play better, he can work harder, he can run more on the pitch and I want players who give 100 per cent in every training session and every game.“Without these characteristics, then they can’t play with

Marcus Thuram

Chelsea have reportedly opened talks with Borussia Monchengladbach over a possible January transfer for Marcus Thuram.

Thuram’s contract in Germany expires in June and has a number of potential suitors to choose from, including Bayern Munich and Manchester City. The striker has scored 10 goals in 15 Bundesliga appearances this season and was part of the France squad that reached the World Cup final in Qatar last year.

Clubs will be able to secure the 25-year-old on a free transfer in the summer but Chelsea are understood to be keen to bring him to Stamford Bridge this month. According to Fabrizio Romano, the Blues have ‘opened talks to explore’ a move for Thuram this month as Graham Potter’s side remain desperate for a natural goalscorer.

Andrey Santos’ first words

Chelsea have completed the signing of Andrey Santos from Brazilian side Vasco da Gama. The 18-year-old becomes signing number three of the January transfer window at Stamford Bridge following the additions of David Datro Fofana and Benoit Badiashile.Santos said: “It’s a very big opportunity for me.

This is a big club playing in big competitions like the Premier League so I am very excited. The players here are so good and I am very happy to be here.”Comments15:49JOSH HOLLANDKeep or sell, you decideChelsea have now made three signings in the January transfer window. Any news on departures remain relatively quiet but many have been tipped to exit.With that being said, have your say on who you would keep and sell.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: