Two Siblings Burn To Death In House Fire In Kisumu

1 min read

Two minors aged 9 and 6 lost their lives on Tuesday night in Manyatta, Kisumu Central Sub-county after their house caught fire in the middle of the night.

The siblings, a boy, and a girl had been left home alone by their father, a motorcycle rider, who is said to have gone to work in the night.

Manyatta A Sub-location Assistant Chief Agnes Ogweno says they suspect the fire was caused by a burning candle used by the minors as a source of light after power went out.

Ogweno says neighbours were alerted by screams from the minors and huge smoke billowing from the house and quickly swung into action to put out the fire.

She says they managed to put out the fire but could not access the house since the father had locked the door from outside as he left for work.

The Assistant Chief said nothing was salvaged during the inferno, adding that police picked up the bodies and moved them to the Jaromogi Oginga Odinga Teaching and Referral Hospital mortuary as investigations into the incident continue.

You May Also Like

More From Author

+ There are no comments

Add yours

Leave a Reply